Get the Latest on the FDCPA Amendments, Case Law and Enforcement
Proposed updates to the FDCPA may spell big changes for debt collection attorneys across the nation. Stay ahead of the amendments, which currently address: electronic communications, time-barred debts, weekly call limits and deceased debtors. Our distinguished faculty will also guide you through recent case law developments, enforcement actions and policy initiatives. Register today!
- Inform your practice with essential developments in FDCPA case law.
- Explore recent CFPB and FTC enforcement actions and current areas of scrutiny.
- Discover the top FDCPA violations debt collectors are currently making.
- Take a pulse on the latest policy initiatives, guidance efforts and emerging issues.
- Learn everything you need to know about the FDCPA rule changes.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Charles C. Dawson Jr.
- Overview of COVID-19 Rule Changes
- Most Common FDCPA Violations by Debt Collectors Right Now
- CFPB and FTC: Latest Enforcement Actions and Areas of Scrutiny
- Latest Guidance and Policy Initiatives
- Current Gray Areas and Hot-Button Issues
- New and Proposed FDCPA Rules
- Term Expansions: New Terms and Redefining "Consumer"
- Opt-Out Options
- New Prohibitions on Contacting Debtors: Phone Calls, Texts, Social Media, Emails, etc.
- Time-Barred Debts and Credit Reporting
This course is designed for attorneys. Debt collectors, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.