Preparing For Succession
Estate planning for business owners requires additional knowledge and skills beyond the usual arsenal of the trusts and estates attorneys. Unique assets, business structure and operations, added tax considerations and family dynamics make this area of law one of the more complex. In this program, learn about the unique nature of assets and how they can be affected during the succession process as well as how you can plan accordingly to ensure that your clients live out their golden years without concern about their legacies. Ensure that one's estate and its assets (including business interests) get passed on while complying with succession laws. Find the right solution for your client be it direct transfer or business, sale, or intrafamily succession. Help business owners plan for disability and long-term care. Register today!
- Determine the benefits and costs of various business structures from an estate planning perspective.
- Manage business succession plans according to clients' wishes and/or current conditions.
- Navigate through family dynamics and business partner relationships during the succession process.
- Balance the interests of the beneficiaries who do and do not participate in the family business.
- Prepare for client disability and possible long-term care following business succession.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Overall Estate Plan Strategy: Identifying Unique Needs, Setting Goals, and Working With Clients to Ensure Compliance
2:00 - 2:15, Neal B. Jannol
- Understanding Business Structures From an Estate Planning Perspective (LLC, FLP, S-Corps, C-Corps, etc.)
2:15 - 2:30, Neal B. Jannol
- Sale of Business (All or Part, Before and After Death)
2:30 - 2:45, Neal B. Jannol
- Taxation and Valuation
2:45 - 3:00, Neal B. Jannol
- Family Dynamics and Family Businesses, Intrafamily Transfers
3:15 - 3:30, Neal B. Jannol
- The Role of Insurance in Business and Estate Planning
3:30 - 3:45, Robert B. Keyser II
- Planning for Disability and Long-Term Care
3:45 - 4:15, Robert B. KeyserII
- The Use of Trusts in Planning for Business Owners
4:15 - 4:45, Robert B. Keyser II
- Planning for the Next Generation
4:45 - 5:15, Robert B. Keyser II
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants, estate planners, and paralegals may also benefit.