Labor Law Developments, the Interactive Process, Non-Compete Agreement Updates, and More
Whether you're new to labor and employment law, or you just need a refresher, this program is chock-full of information to get you up to speed on the latest updates! Stay posted on labor law changes, examine guidelines for interviewing job applicants, develop strategies for managing FMLA- and ADA-related leave, and much more. Build your skills - register today!
- Stay informed of the latest guidance from the NLRB.
- Discover the legal essentials of hiring and terminating employees.
- Analyze the interactions between the ADA, the FMLA, and workers' compensation laws.
- Keep up to date on recent FLSA developments.
- Uncover practical guidance for addressing sexual harassment claims.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- NLRB and Labor Law Update
10:00 - 10:30, Michael J. Progar
- Interviewing, Hiring, and Firing: Legal Essentials
10:30 - 11:30, Laura Johnson
- What Questions You Can - and Cannot - Ask
- Using AI in the Hiring Process: Top Considerations
- Impact of Virtual Interviews, Teleworking, and COVID-19 on the Hiring Process
- Documenting the Hiring Process: Why It Matters
- Best Practices for Terminating Employees
- Practical Guidance for Conducting the Exit Interview
- What You Need to Know About Managing FMLA- and ADA-Related Leave
11:45 - 12:45, Maury Nicely
- The Interplay of the FMLA, the ADA, and Workers' Comp
- Guidelines for Verifying Leave Requests
- Engaging in the Interactive Process
- Leave as an ADA Reasonable Accommodation
- Techniques for Investigating Leave Abuse
- Firing Employees on Leave: Ensuring Legal Best Practices
- FLSA Guidance, Enforcement, and Litigation Update
12:45 - 1:45, Michael J. Progar
- The Latest FLSA Guidance
- Exempt vs. Non-Exempt Employees: Recent Court Cases
- Calculating Travel Time
- Employee Classification and Independent Contractors - The Latest Developments
- Remote Work: Ensuring FLSA Compliance
- Employees Working in Different States: Top Considerations
- Handling Sexual Harassment Claims
2:15 - 3:00, Laura Johnson
- Key Laws Governing Discrimination and Harassment
- Defining - and Recognizing - Sexual Harassment
- Crafting, Updating, and Implementing Sexual Harassment Policies
- Investigating Sexual Harassment Claims: Legal Best Practices
- When Sexual Harassment Occurs: Key Steps to Take
- Non-Compete, Non-Solicit, and Non-Disclosure Agreements: What You Need to Know
3:15 - 4:00, Maury Nicely
- Enforceability - What the Courts Say
- Drafting Essentials
- Determining the Scope and Duration of the Agreements
- Language to Include - and to Avoid
- Examining Sample Non-Compete, Non-Solicit, and Non-Disclosure Agreements
4:00 - 5:00, Jeremy A. Stephenson
- Conflicts of Interest
- Rules of Professional Conduct
- Attorneys' Fees
This program is designed for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants, and paralegals may also benefit.