The Latest Information You Need to Know
As employment law constantly evolves, are you keeping up with the rapid pace of change? This overview of employment law has latest information. From FMLA leave to sexual harassment, you'll leave better prepared to face the issues your clients expect you to provide answers on. Don't be caught unprepared when your clients need you the most. Attend this webcast and get the employment law information you need for 2019 - register today!
- Get the latest updates on verifying I-9 eligibility.
- Use recent FLSA guidance to ensure employers comply.
- Verify FMLA leave requests and take advantage of new tax credits.
- Know when non-compete agreements are enforceable.
- Ensure you take the right steps when sexual harassment occurs.
- Handle drug and alcohol abuse, medical marijuana use and more.
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Hiring and Firing: Mastering Legal Essentials
10:00 - 11:00, Douglas W. Desmarais
- Interview Questions: What to Ask and How to do it
- Verifying I-9 Eligibility: The Latest Updates
- Job Postings to Job Descriptions: Ensuring Legal Compliance
- Using Arbitration Clauses - Recent Developments
- Problem Employees: Using Proper Discipline Procedures
- Terminating Employees: Legal Best Practices
- Conducting Exit Interviews
- The FLSA: How Employers Need to Comply
11:15 - 12:15, Louis R. Cohan
- FLSA Updates: Recent Guidance and More
- Classifying Employees as Exempt: Recent Court Decisions
- Properly Calculating Travel Time
- Mealtimes and Breaks: When Are They Compensable?
- Independent Contractors: Ensuring Proper Classification
- Telecommuting and FLSA Compliance
- Handling Unauthorized Overtime and Off-the-Clock Work
- Keeping Records That Prove FLSA Compliance
- Handling FMLA and ADA-Related Leave
12:15 - 1:00, Douglas W. Desmarais
- FMLA, ADAAA and Workers' Compensation Interactions
- Verifying FMLA Leave Requests
- Using New FMLA Tax Credits
- Leave as an ADA Reasonable Accommodation
- Investigating Leave Misuse and Abuse
- Return-From-Leave Best Practices
- FMLA and Compensability of Breaks
- Terminating Employees on Leave
- Non-Compete and Non-Disclosure Agreements: How to Review and Draft
1:30 - 2:15, Andrea F. Hoeschen
- Enforceability - What the Courts Say
- Drafting and Enforcement of Non-Compete Clauses
- Determining the True Scope and Duration of Agreements
- Language to Include - and to Watch Out for
- Reviewing Sample Non-Compete and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- #METOO: How Employers MUST Handle Sexual Harassment Claims
2:15 - 3:00, Andrea F. Hoeschen
- Key Laws Governing Discrimination and Harassment
- Defining - and Recognizing - Sexual Harassment
- Putting Sexual Harassment Policies in Place: Key Elements and More
- Investigating Sexual Harassment Allegations
- When Harassment Occurs: Critical Steps Employers Must Take
- Appropriate Legal Responses for Sensitive Workplace Issues
3:15 - 4:00, Andrea F. Hoeschen
- Employee Social Media Use
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Medical Marijuana Use
- Workplace Bullying
- Violence in the Workplace
- Firearms in the Workplace: Concealed Carry, Parking Lot Laws, etc.
- Ethics for Employment Attorneys
4:00 - 5:00, Louis R. Cohan
- Conflicts of Interest
- Professional Conduct
- Attorney Fees
This program is for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.