Practical Guidance for Case Management, Complaint Drafting, Defense and Settlement
Employment discrimination claims present unique challenges for plaintiff's and defense counsel alike. Join our distinguished faculty as they reveal effective strategies for navigating discrimination cases from initial complaint through settlement. Get best practices for drafting pleadings, defending claims and pursuing settlement. Register today!
- Learn how to identify and overcome common obstacles in early case analysis.
- Discover best practices for drafting complaints.
- Explore top tactics for defending against discrimination claims.
- Get plaintiff and defense perspectives on effective settlement techniques.
10:00 AM to 1:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
Break 11:30 - 11:45
10:00 - 11:30, Casey S. Erick
- Avoiding Mistakes When Handling EEOC Complaints
- Ineffective Communication with EEOC Investigators
- Procedural Errors That Can Cost You
- Avoiding Weak and Inaccurate Position Statements
- Identifying Gaps in Personnel Files
- Preventing and Addressing Recordkeeping Mistakes
- Best Practices and Key Takeaways
- Advanced Complaint Drafting Strategies
- Drafting with the Audience in Mind
- Choice of Forum
- What to Include: Narrow Focus, or "More is More?"
- Tips for Drafting Specific Allegations Focused on Plaintiff's Protected Traits
- Drafting to Maximize Your Bargaining Position
- Using the Legal Requirements of a Pleading to Your Advantage
11:45 - 1:15, Steven E. Clark
- Effective Employer Defense Tactics
- Applying Affirmative Defenses to Counter Claims of Discrimination
- Gathering Documentation to Support Lawful Employer Conduct
- Finding Coverage under Employment Practices Liability Policies
- Strategies for Using Internal Investigation Results
- Avoiding Retaliation Claims
- Advanced Settlement Techniques: Plaintiff and Defense Perspectives
- Calculating Back Pay, Including Wages, Benefits and More
- Compensatory Damages: Counseling Services, etc.
- Punitive Damages
- Non-Monetary Remedies to Make the Plaintiff Whole
- Advanced Settlement Negotiation Strategies
This program on discrimination claims is for attorneys. HR professionals and accountants may also benefit.