Legal Must-Knows for Farm Lease Drafting and Negotiations
Solid farm leases are key to warding off disputes between landowners and producers. To this end, do you know what issues need to be raised and how to best address them? This practical program will walk you through the types of farm leases, as well as provisions you must include to ensure a beneficial, trouble-free arrangement for clients. Expand your skillset - register today!
- Clearly lay out the rights and duties of each party to avoid conflict later on.
- Examine issues that can arise that you might not have otherwise thought of.
- Review the tax implications of farm leases.
- Come away with practical references, including sample provisions and forms.
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter Brianna J. Schroeder
- Cash Rent vs. Crop Share vs. Hybrid
- Drafting Key Provisions of the Farm Lease
- Rights and Duties of the Landlord, Rights of the Tenant
- Restrictions on the Property
- The Impact of Drought
- Other Key Provisions
- Leasing Private Property (Farm Machinery, Equipment, Livestock, etc.)
- Tax Issues and Material Participation Lease
- FSA Compliance - FSA Power of Attorney
- Sample Provisions, Forms and Significant Cases
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.