Discipline Students in a Legally Compliant Manner
Disciplining students can create a mess of legal issues. Disciplining students with special needs can get even messier. Our seasoned legal faculty will show you which response strategies are legally sound, and which will land you in hot water. Put an end to disruptive behavior without creating ammunition for a lawsuit - register today!
- Determine when different types of discipline are (and are not) appropriate.
- Learn how to evaluate if the misbehavior is a manifestation of a student's disability.
- Discover how to conduct FBAs and design BIPs to address a student's behavioral issues.
- Understand schools' legal obligations when students with disabilities are being bullied.
Session Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific
Presenter: Philip E. Stern
- Discipline, Restraint and Seclusion of Special Ed Students
- Suspension and Expulsion
- Manifestation Determination Reviews
- Conducting Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs)
- Writing Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs)
- Bullying - When Special Needs Students Are the Victims or Instigators