Safeguard Your Company with Solid Preventative Measures
Difficult employees can end up being one of the company's biggest liabilities. In this comprehensive information-packed seminar, expert faculty will get you the sure-fire techniques you need to effectively handle problem employee situations. Find out how a well-conceived framework of procedures and techniques can prevent many employee problems before they occur. Understand exactly what you need to document about employees in order to protect your organization. Put together an action plan for clear-cut, fair disciplinary procedures. Explore your options and obligations if you find yourself having to terminate an employee. Register today!
- Learn how setting clear, realistic performance standards can prevent most problems.
- Examine disciplinary procedures that can help you reduce the risk of a lawsuit.
- Discuss the importance of performance reviews, corrective action plans and disciplinary documentation.
- Understand what you should and shouldn't do in a termination situation.
- Find out exactly what you should do in regard to disciplining and terminating FMLA and ADA employees.
11:00 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Discipline Practice Legal Must-Haves
11:00 - 11:45, Franklin Aba-Onu
- Essential Written Discipline Policies
- Discipline Policies That Land Employers in Hot Water
- How Discipline Policies Can Undermine At-Will Employment
- Progressive Discipline Best Practices
- Key Documentation and Disciplinary Records
- Dealing with Disruptive Behavior: Legal Best Practices
11:45 - 12:30, Franklin Aba-Onu
- Problem Off-Duty Activities
- Intimidation and Bullying
- Insubordination and Not Following Orders
- Malingering and Not Staying on Task
- Chronic Absences and Attendance Issues
- Harassing Co-Workers and Others
- Conducting Employee Internal Investigations
12:45 - 1:45, Susannah J. Galiano
- Planning Investigations: Key Components
- Outsourcing Investigations vs. Keeping Things Internal - Which is the Best?
- Preserving Attorney-Client Privilege
- Legal Considerations with Investigation Interviews
- Discoverable Investigation Information in Litigation
- Final Reports
- Remedying the Problem
- Using Employee Discipline Tools the Right Way
2:15 - 3:00, Chad A. Staul
- Proactively Creating Useful Job Descriptions
- Crafting Written Warnings and Reprimands
- Creating Performance Improvement Plans
- Strengthening Documentation Procedures
- Using Suspensions, Docking Pay, Etc.
- Terminating Employees: Legal Compliance Essentials
3:00 - 3:45, Chad A. Staul
- Reviews, Warnings, Discipline and Suspensions
- Is Your Paper Trail Ready for Possible Litigation?
- Severance Packages: ERISA, EEOC and Other Considerations
- Ensuring Exit Interviews are Legally Compliant
- Essential Documents and Disclaimers
- Considerations for Whistleblowers
- Disciplining and Terminating FMLA and ADA-Eligible Employees
4:00 - 5:00, Susannah J. Galiano
- Ensuring Managers and Supervisors Understand the Law
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Interactions with Workers' Compensation Laws
- Essential Disciplinary Action and Other Documentation
- Ensuring Absence Policies are Neutral and Nondiscriminatory
- Job Descriptions and Termination
- Proving Leave Creates an Undue Hardship
- Employment Law Ethics
5:00 - 6:00, Franklin Aba-Onu
- Key Rules of Professional Conduct
- Privileged Communications
- Identifying and Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
This program is designed for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.