A mentoring program planned with intention can facilitate growth in every area of your organization and have priceless positive outcomes. Done right, a mentoring program will increase retention of top and rising talent, challenge leadership to stay in a growth mindset and make your organization’s culture more attractive in a highly competitive recruitment market.
This LIVE, instructor-led workshop provides you with the expert guidance you need to get started. Walk through the steps, learn how to choose the best program for your company, how to select mentors and how to ensure you’re following best practices and implementing a program that helps you attract, engage, empower and retain your organization’s future leaders.
What You Will Learn
- Explore different types of mentoring programs
- Determine how a mentoring program will impact your company’s bottom line
- Choose the right program for your organization’s culture
- Learn today’s best practices for corporate mentoring programs
- Describe the best way to select and match mentors and mentees
- Implement a sustainable program that facilitates measurable growth
Program time: 3 hours
Session 1: The Building Blocks of Mentoring
- Identify the fundamentals of mentoring
- Discuss why corporate mentoring is a win-win for all involved
- Describe how mentoring programs facilitate company growth
- Pinpoint your program’s purpose and your company’s desired outcome
- Evaluate popular methods of mentoring and the impact each would have on your business
Session 2: The Mentoring Talent Profile
- Discuss what characteristics to look for in program participants
- Describe ways to attract potential candidates to the program
- Identify the rising talent best suited for your program
- Determine the best way for your company to match mentors and mentees
- Explain how to evaluate mentoring relationships
Session 3: Mentoring Tools
- Set guidelines and goals for mentor-mentee pairs
- Equip program participants with best practices for success
- Discuss tools and resources to enhance engagement
- Identify ways to recognize, evaluate and revise your program as needed
- Explore ways to measure and promote your program’s success
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SkillPath is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.