* You will be able to define different tools that are built in to Excel to help you build your budget.
* You will be able to explain how this years budget compares to previous budgets.
* You will be able to identify the different components of your budget and what parts are taking up the lions share.
* You will be able to review your budget vs. actual numbers using charts, conditional formatting, and some formulas.
Learn how to use Excel tools to help you get your budget done efficiently and more quickly than you are doing it now.
As a project manager, business owner, department head, accountant, etc., budgets are part of our lives. It can be a very stressful task to make a budget. Theres many things you have to think about. You have to make sure everything is accounted for, you have to make sure you dont go over budget. You want to ask for a reasonable amount of money for your project, but you dont want to appear like you are asking for too much. There are many other things that go into making a budget. After this material, you will be able to use Excel tools like Autosum, Subtotals, Goal Seek, Solver, Scenarios, formulas, charts, grouping and others to help you get your budget done efficiently and more quickly than you are doing it now.
Creating Budgets in Excel®
• Simple Budget
• Grouping Categories Together to Get Subtotals
• Linking to Other Sheets
• SUMIF to Help With Subtotals
• Using Previous Data as a Baseline for a Budget
Showing Budget vs. Actual
• Conditional Formatting
• Difference and % of Difference
Bottom up Budgeting
• Goal Seek
• Using Scenarios to Go Back and Forth Between Different Sets of Numbers
Thomas Fragale with DBA The PC Guy Consulting, INC
AIPB ,ASAP PACE ,CPE ,IAAP ,Additional credit may be available upon request.