Discover the Key Elements That Can Make or Break a Construction Defect Case
Walk through the profoundly complex and often emotionally-charged construction defect dispute - from defining a defect, determining liability, uncovering insurance nuances, and taking your case to trial. Don't miss this opportunity to remain up to date so you can confidently advise your client. Register today!
- Identify common construction defects and examples of each.
- Learn how to effectively manage liability risk by knowing insurance coverage variations and limitations.
- Grab the competitive advantage during defect disputes by knowing what the opposing side typically argues.
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenters: Adrian A. D'Arcy and Andrew G. Vicknair
- Types of Construction Defects (with Examples)
- Common Causes of Action (with Examples)
- Breach of Contract
- Breach of Warranty
- Fraud and Negligent Misrepresentation
- Due Diligence for Proving Responsibility
- Insurance: Covered vs. Uncovered
- Insurance Procurement in Construction Projects
- Common Exclusions
- Triggers for Coverage
- Commonly Disputed Coverage Issues
- Occurrence vs. Accident and Other Trends in Policy Language Interpretation
- Litigation: Allegations, Defenses and Proving Your Case
- Common Allegations and Defenses
- Notice of Claims
- Jury Instruction
- Essential Evidence: Preservation and Extrapolation
- Damages: What can be Recovered?
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Claim Limits
This insightful course is designed for attorneys. It may also benefit construction contractors, subcontractors, developers, engineers, real estate and insurance professionals and lenders.