Defensible Techniques for Structuring, Preparing, and Reviewing Business Agreements
You know the terms and the client goals, but conveying them in an enforceable contract can be a time-consuming and perilous process. This program starts at the pre-drafting stage and provides best practices for getting from preliminary research to final draft and review. Get practical tips for drafting and sequencing key provisions, using defined terms, and reviewing the final product. Don't miss this insightful presentation on drafting strategies - register today!
- Gain best practices for performing preliminary factual and legal research and using letters of intent.
- Learn how to properly structure the agreement, write the introduction, and establish defined terms.
- Get tips for drafting consideration provisions, representations, warranties, conditions and more.
- Discover effective techniques for reviewing business agreements.
1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern, Eduardo V. Martinez
- Pre-Drafting Checklist
- Understanding the Context and Client Goals
- Preliminary Factual, Documentary and Legal Research
- Preparing Term Sheets and Letters of Intent
- Structuring the Agreement
- Sequencing Key Provisions
- Title and Heading Language
- Drafting the Introduction and Recitals
- Definitions - Usage and Drafting Techniques
- Dates and Agreement Term
- Signature Blocks and Schedules
2:45 - 4:15 PM Eastern, Jennifer S. Precise
- Drafting Key Provisions
- The Bargained-for Exchange: Conveying Consideration
- Conditions Precedent and Subsequent
- Representations, Warranties and Covenants
- Price and Payment Terms
- Termination, Breach and Remedies
- Overall Allocation of Risk and Negotiation Best Practices
- A Checklist Approach to Reviewing Business Agreements
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.