Step-by-Step Instructions and Troubleshooting Tips
Computers and the internet are veritable treasure troves of evidence. However, getting that evidence in admissible form requires more than a screenshot. This program will show you how to tailor your collection and preservation strategies to these key sources of ESI. Learn practical instructions and advice you can use right away - register today!
- Understand the different types of data and where and how it is stored.
- Learn how to collect electronic evidence from hard drives and the cloud.
- Determine where to find metadata on different types of files.
- Discover how to prove the authenticity of emails, social media posts and other digital evidence.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Mathea K.E. Bulander
- Types of Data, Storage, Production Specifications and Formats
- Obtaining Evidence from PCs and Tablets, Flash Drives and External Hard Drives, Cloud Storage
- Collecting Email Evidence
- Collecting Social Media and Internet Evidence
- What to Do About Deactivated Accounts and Deleted Internet Evidence
- Metadata: Where to Find it, How to Preserve it
- Authenticating Emails, Social Media Posts and Other Internet Evidence
- Significant Case Summaries and Citations
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.