At Last - A Program That Provides Practical Solutions To Your
Everyday HR Challenges!
As an HR Generalist, you are expected to be an expert in every human
resource function, including everything from hiring to compensation to
payroll to performance management to the numerous employment laws such as
the FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, IRCA, and others.
Not only do you need to have a strong knowledge base in all areas, but
even more importantly, you need to be able to apply your knowledge to the
daily situations that arise in your workplace.
Key Benefits Of Attending The Certificate Program For HR
This course has been designed to provide you with practical solutions to
the HR challenges you confront everyday.
You'll get the vital knowledge you need to succeed - plus the critical
strategies to perfect your HR skills. By attending this three-day training
program, you will:
- Discover best practices and indispensable strategies for every HR
- Acquire the practical knowledge and tools you need to navigate
employment law landmines
- Get to practice what you learn through "real-life" case studies!
- Network with HR professionals from across the country in an exciting
- Earn an "HR Generalist Certificate" that enhances
your professional growth
- Earn 18 PHR / SPHR re-certification credit hours!
You also receive access to our Training &Certification Programs for
Retailing for $399 each - but included as part of your seminar enrollment
fee - these award-winning training courses teach you how to comply with
these laws, and include numerous administrative tips and procedural
recommendations for keeping your organization in compliance.
With these programs, you also receive FREE updates whenever the law
changes, plus the ability to earn a "Certified Administrator" designation,
which provides more value for you and your organization!
Learning Objectives / Key Agenda Items
This intensive, three-day training program includes 14 information-packed
sessions - plus Interactive Exercises - covering everything you need to
excel as and HR Generalist. Here are some of the things you'll learn/benefit
- Understanding HR's role within the organization to add maximum value
- How to create a strategically-aligned HR department to drive
- Strategies for identifying and overcoming the current challenges in
the HR profession
- Learning what to do to improve HR's brand image within the
- Employer obligations regarding when to conduct workplace
- Common laws that create additional "boundaries" in the contemporary
- Understanding today's "must-have" company policies to minimize risk
- Understanding your compliance obligations regarding FMLA, ADA,
COBRA, and more
- Implementing strategies to control and investigate FMLA abuse
- Learning how to handle personal time off (PTO), vacation, sick pay,
and workers' compensation
- Handling "sticky issues" such as declining employee performance,
absenteeism, and unreasonable requests
- Recruiting: what's working � and what's not
- Contemporary strategies for employee on-boarding � knowing how and
when to leverage technology in the process
- Learning how to conduct a thorough needs analysis to determine if
training is even the answer
- Common organizational mistakes in developing training programs and
how to avoid them
- Learning the critical steps in developing a training project: from
initial scope to evaluation of program
- Learning why clear, measurable, aligned objectives are the keys to
training program success
- Understanding contemporary strategies in designing compensation
- Learning why variable compensation is growing in popularity
- Understanding how to create an effective benefits survey to obtain
- Understanding what is working - and not working - in performance
- Beyond reviews: understanding the action steps to effectively manage
- Learning how to identify the issues HR owns vs. what the leadership
- Identifying strategies to coach, mentor, and develop supervisors and
managers to facilitate more positive employee relations
- Your HR Career: where do you go from here?
How To Earn Your Certifications
- Your "HR Generalist Certificate"
Upon completion of this three day seminar, you will be awarded with
an "HR Generalist Certificate"! This certificate will become a permanent
addition to your professional resume, and greatly enhance your value to
your organization. Your Certificate will be mailed to you after you
complete the seminar.
- Your "Certified Administrator" Designation
Simply complete any of the Training &Certification Programs included
with this course, then pass the exam and we'll mail your Certificate
directly to your home or office!
- PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits!
This program has been approved for 18 re-certification credit hours
through the HR Certification Institute.
For more information about certification or recertification, please
visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of
this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program.
It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved
for recertification credit.
Below are the times for this three-day course, which starts on the dates
Day 1: 8am - 4pm
Day 2: 8am - 4pm
Day 3: 8am - 4pm