A Timely Discussion of Pressing Issues in School Law
2020 has presented a myriad of challenges for schools and their attorneys. Ever-shifting COVID-19 obligations, new Title IX rules and student technology risks are just a few of the hot-button areas that require attention. Join our distinguished faculty as they cover the latest legal twists and turns you need to know. Register today!
- Explore the top areas of concern for educators today, from transgender student rights to COVID-19 risks.
- Delve into the new Title IX regulations and get practical guidance for stepping into compliance.
- Learn what schools can and can't do to limit legal risks associated with student misuse of technology.
All times are shown in Pacific time
- Top 5 Legal Issues Facing Schools in 2021
9:00 - 9:45, Helen Marsh
- COVID-19 & Online Learning Risks
- Transgender Student Rights
- Tackling Mental Health & Student Suicide
- Hot Topics in FERPA
- Top Cases to Watch
- The New Title IX Regulations - What Every School Needs to Know
9:45 - 10:30, Helen Marsh
- Overview & Scope of the New Rules
- The Investigation Process from Start to Finish
- Reporting Requirements & Drafting Guidance
- Top Takeaways for Teachers & Administrators
- Policy Changes & Compliance Essentials
- Students Misusing Technology: What Schools Can & Can't Do
10:45 - 12:15, Helen Marsh
- Current Trends & Legal Risks: Technology Use among K-12 Students
- Monitoring & Limiting On-Campus Activity
- How Schools can Address Off-Hours Misbehavior
- First Amendment Implications
- Student Privacy Rights & Personal Information
- The Latest Guidance & Case Law