A Deep Dive Into Organizational Documents and Common Business Agreements
Get seasoned drafting advice on preparing frequently used business contracts. The first half of this full-day event focuses on key considerations when preparing operating, partnership and shareholder agreements. Our distinguished faculty will also explain how to draft asset purchase agreements and overcome obstacles in an assortment of common contracts: commercial leases, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, NDAs, and non-competes. Whether you're transitioning into business law or looking for a refresher, this is one event you don't want to miss - register today!
- Get experienced advice on preparing governing documents for LLCs, partnerships, and corporations.
- Learn key considerations for drafting asset purchase agreements.
- Learn how to overcome key issues in a wide array of common business contracts.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Preparing Operating and Partnership Agreements
11:00 - 12:30, Thomas P. Owen Jr.
- Sample Operating Agreement Walkthrough
- Tax Status & LLC Type
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Voting Provisions
- Distributions and Allocations
- Transfer Restrictions
- Preparing Shareholder Agreements
12:45 - 2:15, Gabriel J. Kurcab
- Sample Shareholder Agreement Walkthrough
- Organization and Governance
- Ownership Interests and Share Issuance
- Additional Formalities and Procedures
- Transfer Restrictions, Tag-Along and Drag-Along Rights
- Preparing Asset Purchase Agreements
2:45 - 4:15, Gabriel J. Kurcab
- Sample APA Walkthrough
- Definitions and Transferred Assets
- Representations and Warranties
- Preparing Common Business Agreements (With Samples)
4:30 - 5:30, Dustin R. Hurley
- Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Non-Competition Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Negotiating and Redlining Commercial Leases
5:30 - 6:00,
Dustin R. Hurley
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.