Learn how to plan events that will impress your boss by saving time and money.
Many organizations produce special events, fundraising events, and promotional events with little or no thought or planning. 90 of the mistakes in special events happen in the planning phase. Too many people assume that running an event is simple and wind up losing money and supporters. This topic will show you the basic method for planning any size event, tried and true methods that have worked hundreds of times. The method is one that anyone can learn and follow, as it emphasizes planning the event thoroughly and avoiding stupid mistakes that cost money and lose supporters. This topic is for anyone who is given the task of planning an event of any size and who wants to do it right.
• Finding Your Viewpoint
• Event Management Timeline
Where to Start
• Client Meetings
• The Important Question and How to Approach It
5 Phases of Special Events
• Planning Phase: 90% of the Problems With Events Occur in the Planning Phase
• Funding Phase: Securing the Funding Is Vital to Success
• Marketing Phase: The Event Must Be Marketed to Segments of the Community
• Staging Phase: This Is the Actual Event, I Like to Have a Production Matrix
• Evaluation Phase: We Need an Honest Quantitative and Qualitative Assessment
Elements of a Successful Special Event
• Select an Appropriate Venue
• Draft a Written Plan
• Manage the Flow of the Event
• Create an Emotional Moment
• Design Your Messages to Be Taken From the Event
• Plan for Repeatability and Expandability
• Importance of Preparation
• Stay Consistent
James P. Reber with James P. Reber Fundraising Consulting & Special Event Producing Services
IAAP ,Additional credit may be available upon request.