UM/UIM Claims, Liens, Negotiation Techniques and Much More
Navigating through the maze of auto injury litigation can be tricky. Each case presents new challenges with unique details that need to be thoroughly explored. This program will provide you with strategies for overcoming common litigation challenges you're facing right now. From the negotiating table to the courtroom, be prepared to handle your next auto injury case like a pro - register today!
- Analyze UM/UIM coverage and take a closer look at offsets and stacking issues.
- Learn strategies for minimizing and eliminating liens.
- Discover how to get better results when negotiating with insurance adjusters.
- Improve your doctor depositions with practical tips from the pros.
- Gain pointers for identifying juror biases and optimizing jury selection.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Kevin J. Babb, Charles W. Kramer & James K. Theisen on July 21, 2020. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
10:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Litigating the Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claim
10:00 - 11:00, Charles W. Kramer
- Introduction to UM/UIM and its Complexities
- Valuing the Claim and Policy Limits
- Playing the Stacking and Offsets Game
- Investigation Strategies
- Maximizing Damages
- Auto Insurance Bad Faith
- Practice and Procedure in Filing UM/UIM Claims
- Eliminating/Minimizing Subrogation Liens in Auto Injury Cases
11:15 - 12:15, Charles W. Kramer
- Hospital Liens
- Medicare Liens and Medicare Set-Asides
- Medicaid Liens in Auto Injury Settlements
- Minimizing ERISA Liens in Auto Injury Settlements
- Workers' Compensation
- Negotiating with Auto Insurance Adjusters
12:15 - 1:00, James K. Theisen
- Pain and Suffering, Loss of Earning Capacity and Life Care Plans
- Exacerbation of Pre-Existing Injuries
- Getting to Know Your Adjusters
- Negotiation Techniques That Work
- How the Adjuster's Settlement Authority is Restricted (and Going Beyond it)
- Re-Starting Stalled Negotiations
- Insurance Defense Case Evaluation, Strategies and Trial Preparation
1:30 - 2:15, Charles W. Kramer
- Getting the Most Out of Doctor Depositions, Medical Records and More
2:15 - 3:15, Kevin J. Babb
- Obtaining and Using Medical Evidence
- Creatively Presenting Medical Evidence
- Interpreting Medical Charts
- Admissibility of Medical Bills
- Impeaching Adverse Physicians
- Voir Dire and Jury Selection Techniques in Auto Injury Cases
3:30 - 4:00, Kevin J. Babb
- Ethics in Auto Injury Litigation
4:00 - 5:00, James K. Theisen
- Addressing Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Client Confidentiality
- Communication with Represented Parties
- Confronting Coverage Issues
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance adjusters and paralegals will also benefit.