Overcome Hearsay, Foundation and Expert Witness Challenges
With all of the changes surrounding electronic evidence, it is critical to get up to speed on the latest rules, procedures and case law. In this focused study, our experienced attorney faculty will share their tips and tactics on how to recognize key evidence and then traverse the obstacle course of rules to ensure it is authenticated - register today!
- Learn what you must and cannot do in collecting social media and email evidence.
- Examine the latest rules, laws and procedures in regards to social media and email evidence.
- Explore specific problems you may face in getting evidence admitted.
- Find out how recent court rulings are shaping litigation today.
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: F. David Rusin
- Collecting Social Media and Email Evidence
- Does the Evidence Have a Proper Foundation?
- Is it Hearsay?
- Does the Evidence Have Distinctive Characteristics?
- Preliminary Determination of Authenticity - Is the Evidence What the Proponent Claims?
- The Use of Expert Witnesses
- Linking the Evidence to the Purported Author
- Using Witness Testimony to Your Advantage
- Applying Federal Rules to the Authentication of Email and Social Media
- Email Chains
- Self-Authenticated Emails
- Email Attachments
- Embedded Video
- Profile Pages
- Private Messages
- Additional Corroborating Evidence
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.