Rules and Practical Guidance for Guarding Clients' Confidential Information
Prevent malpractice and guard your professional reputation with an essential do's and don'ts guide to attorney-client privilege. Explore the rules, exceptions, waivers and documentation requirements to ensure your daily practices are beyond reproach. Register today!
- Clarify the difference between attorney-client privilege, work product and confidentiality to properly handle each.
- Determine the extent and limitations of attorney-client relationship.
- Identify key privilege exceptions and their use.
- Learn when and how to properly obtain privilege waivers.
Session Time: 1:00 - 2:00 Eastern time
Presenter: Mark E. Ellis
- Attorney-Client Privilege vs. Work Product vs. Confidentiality
- The Extent and Boundaries of "Attorney-Client Relationship"
- What Constitutes "Information Given for the Purpose of Obtaining Legal Representation"
- Notable Exceptions to Attorney-Client Privilege
- Privilege Waivers
- Privilege Logs
This legal ethics briefing is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit in-house counsel, law office administrators and paralegals.