Timely Guidance for Staying in Compliance
What a year 2020 has been for HR professionals and employment attorneys! From ever-changing COVID-19 obligations to significant shifts in federal and state employment law, it's never been so challenging for employers to stay afloat. Join our distinguished faculty as they make sense of all the major legal developments you need to know. Register today!
- Get clarity on the latest COVID-19 issues and litigation risks facing employers.
- Explore pressing developments in discrimination, leave, wage and hour, and state employment law.
- Identify critical handbook and policy changes employers need to make.
- Learn how to spot and avoid the top 10 reasonable accommodation mistakes that are sure to invite litigation.
All times are shown in Central time
- COVID-19 Update: Leave, Litigation & Lingering Risks
1:00 - 2:00, John Holleman and Tim Steadman
- Legislative Recap & Top Cases to Watch
- Lessons Learned & Current Issues in Leave & Accommodations
- Treading Water in the Ebb & Flow of Workforce & Payroll Shifts
- Top HR FAQs Answered
- Arkansas & Federal Developments; Handbook Checkup
2:00 - 3:00, John Holleman and Tim Steadman
- Overtime Thresholds; Wage & Hour Update
- Discrimination & LGBTQ Rights
- 2021 Arkansas Developments
- Handbook Changes You Need to Make
- Top Reasonable Accommodation Mistakes HR Pros Make
3:15 - 4:15, John Holleman and Tim Steadman
- Interactive Dialogue Roadblocks
- Undue Hardship & Essential Function Misconceptions
- Being Too Reasonable
- Not Being Reasonable Enough
- Failing to Consider FMLA Implications
This program is for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.