Steps to a Successful Auto Injury Case
More than half of all personal injury claims arise from motor vehicle accidents. Your success as a personal injury attorney strongly hinges on your ability to handle these cases. From initial crash to verdict, this information-packed online seminar will show you what you need to know and do to make the case a success. Build your skills - register today!
- Enhance your understanding of vehicle crash mechanics and accident investigations.
- Get a strong handle on a claim's value with practical tips for calculating damages.
- Receive real-world insights for getting the evidence you need to prove your case.
- Navigate through the litigation process with practice pointers and cautionary advice.
All times are shown in Central time.
- Crash Insights and Accident Investigation Tips
9:00 - 9:45, Thomas Coleman Jr.
- What You Need to Find Out Before the Claim
- Crash Basics for Attorneys
- Accident Investigation Strategies
- Truck Accident Investigation Tips
- Medical Records: How to Get Them and What to Look For
- Damages in Auto Injury
9:45 - 10:30, Thomas Coleman Jr.
- Property Damage and Diminished Value
- Medical Expenses (Past and Future)
- Lost Wages and Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering and Other General Damages
- Wrongful Death Damages
- Punitive Damages - When and How to Pursue Them
- Claim Negotiations and Pleadings
- Discovery, Doctor Depositions, and Evidence
10:45 - 11:30, Maridi Huggins
- Sample Discovery Requests
- Smartphone and Text Evidence
- Discovery of GPS, Black Box, DriveCam, and Other Telematics
- Doctor Depositions
- Getting Your Evidence Admitted (and Keeping Theirs Out)
- Taking the Auto Accident Case to Trial
11:30 - 12:15, Maridi Huggins
- Preparation Checklist
- Jury Selection (with Sample Voir Dire Questions)
- Opening Statements
- Witness Testimony and Evidence Presentation
- Closing Arguments and Jury Instructions