Get the Basics of Servicing and Troubleshooting Air Conditioning and Refrigeration—A Properly Balanced and Maintained System Will Improve Performance and Save Money!
"A very good refresher course. It would also be very helpful to people without much prior AC knowledge."
— Cincinnati, OH
- Hands-On training.
- Thorough examination of the basics of refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Blend of theory with job-qualifying skill development.
- Covers practical application of refrigeration and air conditioning in domestic, commercial and heat pump applications.
What You Will Learn:
- Improvement in system performance.
- Money savings.
- Free EPA and HVAC Excellence Technician's certification testing.
- The principles of refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Maintenance and repair of refrigeration & air conditioning equipment.
- Fundamentals of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- The provisions of the Clean Air Act amendments, specifically Section 608 and the regulatory requirements to recover, recycle, and reclaim refrigerant.
- The principles of matter, heat, and the basic refrigeration cycle, using cooling principles to work on an actual vapor-compression system.
- The safe handling of refrigerants, refrigerant classification and applications.
- How to use instrumentation and test equipment to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot air conditioning and refrigeration equipment; specifically-manifold gauges, recovery machines, vacuum pumps, micron gauges, electronic scales, and leak detection equipment.
- The operation, maintenance and repair of refrigeration components; including compressors, evaporators, condensers, and piping systems.
- The fundamentals of diagnosing and correcting malfunctions in system components, controls, and accessories.
Course Times: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Number of Days: 3
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 2.1