Address the Specific Needs of Families Facing Dementia
Dementia devastates every aspect of a person's life, draining clients financially, stripping a person of autonomy and putting incredible strain on the family. Attorneys are in the position to lighten this burden with proper planning and legal advice. Get a practical guide to representing clients with dementia and their families. Register today!
- Better understand dementia and its effects on your clients.
- Learn how to properly verify and document client testamentary capacity to prevent future disputes.
- Plan for future long-term care needs.
- Find new ways of helping families and caregivers adjust, provide care, and protect family assets.
3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Thomas J. Murphy
- Understanding Dementia: Diagnosis, Treatment Research, Impact on Clients and Families
- Verifying/Documenting Client Capacity: Are the Estate Planning Documents Valid?
- Determining Cost of Care and Planning for Nursing Home
- Delegation of Decision-Making: POAs and Guardianships
- Working with Families and Caregivers
- Reducing Litigation Risks
- Elder Abuse Signs and Allegations
This legal guide is designed for attorneys. Accountants, tax professionals, estate planners, investment advisers, paralegals and other legal staff will also benefit.