Advanced Title Law Issues
presented by NBI, Inc.
Advanced Title Law Issues
Handle Survey, Easement, Probate and Other Title Issues with Confidence
Given the right set of circumstances, any title issue can become complex. It takes a skilled attorney to spot the early warning signs and resolve these matters before they become complicated legal headaches for clients. This program will walk you through several different advanced title law scenarios and provide you with valuable skills to recognize and resolve complicated issues. Ensure marketable titles for your clients' real estate transactions - register today!
- Keep your practice current - explore the impacts of emerging technologies and remote and online notary legislation.
- Learn how to work with confusing plats and ancient documents when detangling property boundaries.
- Discover how to make sense of complex legal descriptions and land surveys.
- Learn how to handle easements, encroachments and other boundary problems with finesse.
- Detect and cure complex title problems with deceased sellers.
- Determine the most effective strategy for dealing with unwanted title exceptions.
- Ensure disclosures of title defects to your clients are ethically appropriate.
10:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Current and Emerging Issues in Title Law
10:00 - 10:45, Brad L.F. Hoeschen
- Emerging Technologies and Their Impact on Real Estate Closings
- Remote and Online Notary Legislation Update
- Model Statutes
- States Taking Action
- Ability to Insure Remote and Online Notary Transactions
- Reading Complex Legal Descriptions, Maps and Historical Documents
10:45 - 12:00, Duane H. Wunsch
- Erroneous, Ambiguous and Contradictory Legal Descriptions
- Analyzing Properties with Complex Boundaries
- Interpreting Confusing Plats and Other Maps
- Working with Vague, Ancient Documents
- Reviewing and Understanding Schedule B(II) Title Exceptions
- Title Searching Errors
- Curing Survey, Easement and Boundary Problems
12:15 - 1:15, Duane H. Wunsch
- Reading Complicated Legal Descriptions and Land Surveys
- Unrecorded, Inaccurate or Conflicting Surveys
- Unresolved Boundaries
- Riparian Rights and Water Boundary Problems
- Locating Easements and Determining Rights
- Troubleshooting Encroachments
- Adverse Possession Disputes
- Road and Access Problems
- Resolving Title Issues Stemming From Probate/Deceased Parties
1:45 - 2:30, Brad L.F. Hoeschen
- Authority to Convey Real Property
- Decedents' Interests and Concurrent Ownership Issues
- Tax and Other Liens Against the Decedent
- Locating Missing Heirs
- Transfers by Probate Court
- Transfers on Death
- Transfers to and From Trusts
- Clearing Title to Probate Real Estate
- Troubleshooting Various Problems
2:30 - 3:45, John Collen
- Strategies for Dealing with Unwanted Title Exceptions (Waivers, Cures, Title Indemnities, Opinions of Counsel, Quiet Title Litigation, etc.)
- Risk Sharing and Cost Savings (Syndicating Primary Coverage, Insurance Towers and Comparison Shopping)
- Title Policy as Insurance Contract: Key Terms (Who is Insured, What is Insured, Reporting Claims, Defense Cooperation, Control of Counsel Selection, etc.)
- Coverage Disputes (Scope of Coverage, Defenses to Coverage, Good Faith Obligation of the Parties, etc.)
- Avoiding Ethical Issues and Conflicts of Interest
4:00 - 5:00, Brad L.F. Hoeschen
- Client Management and Effective Communications
- Conflicts of Interest
- Preventing Mishandling of Escrow Funds
- Disclosure of Defects in Property
- Liability in Title Examination
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys. Title insurance agents, title insurance underwriters, surveyors, real estate professionals and paralegals may also benefit.
Training Provider: NBI, Inc.
Course Topics: Law Training >
Training Course Summary: Advanced Title Law Issues