Adoption Law 2020
presented by NBI, Inc.
Adoption Law 2020
Stay Current on What's Changed in Adoption Practice in 2020
From the states allowing adoptees access to original birth certificates to case delays in international immigration due to the coronavirus, our esteemed attorney faculty will give you the run-down of the most important trends and legal developments in adoption practice this year. Don't lag behind - register today!
- Explore new post-adoption contact and OBC access rules and issues.
- Troubleshoot citizenship proceedings in international adoptions.
- Stay on the cutting edge of assisted reproduction and surrogacy.
- Gauge the limitations on grandparents' rights in adoptions.
- Get practical guidance on handling contested adoptions.
- Aftereffects of COVID-19: Case Delays, Adoption Agency Problems, Visa and Consular Services
Backups, E-Signature Use, Citizenship Proceedings, etc.
10:00 - 10:30, Karen S. Law
- Key Federal Law Updates (ICWA, UCCJEA, etc.)
10:30 - 11:30, Stanton Phillips
- Access to Original Birth Certificates (OBCs) and Other Post-Adoption Issues
11:45 - 12:15, Meghan A. Bodie
- Adoption Costs (Federal Tax Credit, the SECURE Act Change, etc.)
12:15 - 12:45, Stanton Phillips
- Parental Rights: Termination, Restoration, Abandonment
12:45 - 1:15, Karen S. Law
- Foster Care and Family First Prevention Services Act
1:45 - 2:15, Meghan A. Bodie
- Contested Adoptions and Attorney Liability
2:15 - 2:45, Stanton Phillips
- State Case Law to Keep an Eye on
2:45 - 3:15, Karen S. Law
- ART and Surrogacy Updates
3:30 - 4:00, Karen S. Law
- Legal Ethics in Adoption Practice
4:00 - 5:00, Meghan A. Bodie
- Conflicts of Interest
- Confidentiality in Adoption Cases
- Attorney Fees
- RPCs in Daily Practice: Common Risks and Pitfalls
Who Should Attend
This legal guide to adoptions is designed for attorneys. It may also benefit adoption agency employees, social workers, guardians ad litem, paralegals, and counselors who want to learn more about adoption laws and proceedings.
Training Provider: NBI, Inc.
Course Topics: Law Training >
Training Course Summary: Adoption Law 2020