Project Coordinators, Managers, Supervisors
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
This information-packed course teaches you the fundamentals
of project management. You’ll learn how to plan, budget, schedule, and monitor
your projects, and how to maximize your resources for the greatest
profitability. You’ll learn not to work harder, but smarter.
- Understand the project process and lifecycle.
- Set project goals and action plans.
- Use standard methods to prepare for projects.
- Learn practical scheduling tools to map project paths.
- Monitor and control project execution.
- Evaluate project effectiveness and adjust to project changes.
- Define project management and learn the characteristics of a true
- Learn the traits and responsibilities an effective project manager.
- Understand the typical project life cycle.
- Determine and analyze planning costs.
- Pinpoint key components of planning.
- Develop accurate Project Action Plans.
- Use the Work Breakdown Structure to organize projects into tasks and
- Effectively communicate with project stakeholders using a Responsibility
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of "Top-Down" and "Bottom-Up"
- Identify materials, equipment, and resources needed to produce the
- Budget project costs using the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Learn basic resource allocation and leveling.
- Schedule your projects using Gantt and PERT/CPM charting methods.
- Test assumptions and decisions with Monitoring and Control tools.
- Evaluate tasks or the whole project with Earned Value Analysis.
- Upon project completion, use evaluation tools to determine success,
enhance processes, and build for the future.