All Business Professionals
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The primary aim of technical writing is to convey a
particular piece of information to a particular audience for a particular
purpose. In this course, you will learn general principles, grammar rules and
writing styles specific to technical writing. Moreover, you will learn how to
create technical documents that are helpful, accurate and comprehensible to the
- Apply general rules for technical writing.
- Examine technical writing guidelines.
- Learn the rules for numbers, tables, charts and graphs.
- Compare different types of technical documents.
- Apply standards for proposals, reports and other technical documents.
- Define technical writing.
- Apply 9 rules of technical writing.
- Review guiding principles.
- Learn the rules for writing numbers.
- Use tables, charts and graphs appropriately.
- Compare and contrast different types of technical documents.
- Examine standards for proposals.
- Learn the rules for abstracts and specifications.
- Apply guidelines for reports and manuals.
- Practice writing technical letters and memos.