Managers and Supervisors
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Your managing approach may be effective, and your ideas may
be visionary—but your results are always measured in numbers. With this
high-powered course, you’ll gain the finance and budgeting savvy to plan
accurate budgets, work with financial statements and spot potential problems.
You’ll learn the concepts, tools and financial skills to make a positive impact
on your bottom line.
- Overview basic financial management concepts.
- Forecast budgets accurately.
- Learn and work with different budget types.
- Read and develop financial statements.
- Learn the basics of budget approval budget management.
- Plan long-term budget goals and financial management.
- Gain an introduction to financial management and budgeting.
- Understand the financial management cycle.
- Identify the pitfalls of financial management.
- Avoid the problems caused by faulty decision making.
- Utilize 8 steps to forecasting any budget.
- Understand the differences and benefits of various budget types and
- Learn the principles of zero-based budgeting.
- Understand and use static budgets.
- Develop effective cash flow budgets.
- Learn how to read and work with financial statements.
- Understand the job of a controller as a financial communicator.
- Calculate financial ratios.
- Learn the basics of budget approval and budget management.
- Create new budgets with ease.
- Identify 3 steps to getting a budget approved.
- Use practical budget management tools to maintain accurate and ongoing