Managers and Supervisors
8:30 am - 11:30 am
Competitive procurement is an important aspect of
organizational effectiveness. In this course, you will learn competitive
procurement standards and practices. You will learn how to write and process a
request for proposal. And, you will learn different competitive procurement
methods and how to utilize each.
- Introduce competitive procurement.
- Overview requests for proposals.
- Utilize proven procurement methods.
- Complete relative case studies on competitive procurement.
- Analyze the procurement predicament.
- Define and identify conflicts of interest.
- Identify the purpose and benefits of competitive procurement.
- Review the elements of the request for proposal.
- Identify key sections of the RFP.
- Examine steps for writing the RFP.
- Apply the methods of simplified acquisition, full and open competition,
and sole source procurement.