All Business Professionals
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
This course emphasizes the reality and importance of cultural
differences in today's workplace. You will learn to understand and appreciate
all types of people; how one’s historical culture shapes current attitudes and
behaviors towards individuals from other cultures, and what they bring to your
organization. You will explore diversity and differing perspectives and create a
workplace that is accepting and appreciative of all types of employees./p>
- Learn how managing diversity in the workplace can benefit and enhance
- Promote diversity as a positive concept.
- Know how to distinguish between ethnicity and race.
- Examine discrimination and cultural awareness.
- Handle difficult employees and situations.
- Learn conflict-resolution skills that enhance employee relationships.
- Defuse anger and avoid defensiveness.
- Build solid rapport with employees.
- Identify EEO laws and understand the difference between EEO and
- Define diversity, ethnicity and race in today’s workplace.
- Compare the various ways, both right and wrong, that people look at
ethnicity and race.
- Analyze the benefits and challenges of diversity.
- Work through a case study on workplace diversity and performance.
- Examine gender and cultural differences.
- Develop an awareness of cultural symbols.
- Examine the effects of discrimination.
- Establish guidelines for mutual respect.
- Identify EEO laws and regulations enforced by the EEOC.
- Compare EEO enforcement vs. mutual respect and diversity appreciation.
- Apply steps for building quality professional relationships.
- Introduce a 5-step method for coping with difficult situations.
- Recover from your own mistakes and the mistakes of others.
- Develop strategies for dealing with difficult people.
- Learn how to communicate during conflict.
- Apply 6 methods for responding to conflict and 7 steps for avoiding
- Identify the "do's" and "don'ts" for defusing anger.
- Discuss coworker styles and how to adapt to those different than your
- Apply 10 guidelines for building trust and loyalty.
- Analyze the Cycle of Synergy.