All Business Professionals
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Go beyond planning, drafting, and editing. We will teach you
how to create expressive, meaningful and persuasive documents. You’ll develop
your own niche and writing style that will leave your readers begging for more.
- Explore different types of writing.
- Analyze reader responses.
- Sharpen your vocabulary.
- Create memorable openings and closings.
- Write effective letters and memos.
- Identify your purpose in writing
- Discuss the four types of writing: narration, description, exposition,
- Analyze your audiences and their motivations.
- Review rules for brainstorming.
- Determine the "readability" of your documents.
- Sharpen vocabulary by focusing on prefixes, suffixes and root words.
- Avoid stilted expressions.
- Write effective topic sentences.
- Apply 6 techniques for clear writing.
- Capture your audience with an attention-grabbing introduction.
- Go out with a bang! Write conclusions that leave your readers wanting
- Examine rules for layout and design.