Managers and Supervisors
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Effective contract management is crucial to the operations of
your organization, not to mention the bottom line. In this interactive program,
you will learn the process of active monitoring and control of the relationship
between the contractor and the buyer. As a result, you will ensure the delivery
of a cost effective and reliable service at an agreed price and standard.
- Actively monitor, control and manage contracts.
- Apply techniques for procurement and solicitation processes.
- Effectively administer contracts.
- Utilize practical contract administrative tools.
- Effectively manage the contract closeout process.
- Define contract origination and management.
- Analyze the contract life cycle.
- Apply cognitive skills to contract management.
- Examine the differing perspectives of buyers and sellers.
- Apply techniques for procurement planning.
- Use the Work Breakdown Structure to determine contract terms and
- Apply techniques for solicitation planning.
- Review three broad categories of contracts.
- Analyze the contract Statement of Work.
- Review non-concurrence remedies.
- Examine the curve of acceptable contract administration.
- Apply project management processes to the contractual relationship.
- Discuss the cycle of contract administration.
- Use change order control systems to modify or amend contracts.
- Utilize contract risk management tools.
- Use contract administrative tools to evaluate performance and establish
- Administer claims, disputes and appeals.
- Identify progress points, decision points and exit strategies.
- contract closure elements.