Get Useful Tips, Tactics and Strategies for Dealing with Problem Employees
Managing problem employees in a litigious society is difficult - but retaining underperformers, troublemakers, and those who abuse their benefits is not the solution. This strategic program will reveal tips for identifying and curing problem behavior, as well as bulletproof practices and documentation that will keep employers out of the courtroom. Tactically improve productivity in the workplace while avoiding legal hazards - register today!
- Find out how to curb FMLA abuse and gain insightful solutions for handling intermittent leave, leave abuse, certification issues and more.
- Avoid ADA claims when handling problem employees who happen to be disabled.
- Learn assertive tactics for managing problem conduct, including marijuana use and more.
- Strategically deal with sticky mental health issues in the workplace.
- Know when and how to put the foot down with accommodation requests and excessive absences.
- Discover proven tips for preventing workplace bullying and harassment from turning into a legal nightmare.
- Get practical pointers for avoiding legal issues when hiring and firing.
- Don't leave plaintiffs a present - avoid legal landmines in handbooks, policies and other documentation.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- FMLA, the ADA and Problem Employees: Strategies for Addressing Core Issues
11:00 - 12:00, Laurie A. Petersen
- FMLA, ADA and Workers' Compensation: Pitfalls and Interplay
- Intermittent Leaves, Leave Abuse, Certification Issues and More: Insightful Solutions
- Real-World Investigation Techniques
- ADA Accommodation Strategies (Handling Problematic Requests)
- Best Practices for Disciplining Injured or Disabled Employees
- Terminating Employees on Leave - Timing Strategy
- Practical Pointers and Must-Have Policies
- Creating Bulletproof Documentation
- Creative Solutions for Accommodations Requests, Performance Problems and Chronically-Absent Employees
12:00 - 12:30, David R. Keesling
- Tackling Mental Health Issues with Finesse
12:45 - 1:30, David R. Keesling
- Successfully Identifying Protected Mental Impairments
- Accommodation Strategies
- Handling Workplace Mental Health Issues While Safeguarding Privacy Rights
- Tips and Tricks for Addressing Productivity and Performance Problems
- Legal Liability and Behavioral Concerns: Eliminating and Mitigating Risks
- Practical Tips for Handling FMLA Compliance and Mental Health Issues
- Insights on Evaluating, Disciplining and Terminating Employees with Mental Illnesses
- Creating Airtight Policies, Procedures and Documentation
- Tactical Insights: Avoiding Discrimination Lawsuits When Handling Difficult Employees
1:30 - 2:15, Laurie A. Petersen
- Tips for Evaluating, Disciplining or Terminating Older Employees
- Practical Steps to Avoid Sex and Pregnancy Discrimination Lawsuits
- Safeguarding Employers From Race, Color, National Origin and Religious Discrimination Issues
- Pointers for Dealing with LGBTQ Employees
- Strategies for Avoiding Retaliation Claims
- Tips and Tricks for Addressing Workplace Bullying and Harassment
2:45 - 3:30, Laurie A. Petersen
- Keeping up with Recent Legislative Efforts and Cases
- Preventing Harassment and Hostile Work Environment Claims - Strategic Advice
- Avoiding Discrimination and Workplace Violence Legal Issues
- Practical Tips for Identifying the Workplace Bully
- Investigation Techniques and Documentation Best Practices
- Pro Tips: Dealing with the Workplace Bully
- Minimizing Fallout When the Problem is a High-Impact Player
- Social Media, Alcohol, Marijuana Use and More: Techniques for Managing Problematic Conduct
3:30 - 4:00, David R. Keesling
- Tips for Ensuring Proper and Limited Personal Use of Social Media
- Strategies for Handling Negative or Inflammatory Posts
- Practical Advice for Addressing Medical Marijuana and Other Drug Quandaries
- Alcohol Legal Pointers: Testing, ADA Issues and Consumption in the Workplace
- Guns: Best Practices and Policies
- Balancing Business Interests with Employees' Reasonable Expectations of Privacy
- Disciplining or Terminating Employees for Off-Duty Conduct - Tips for Avoiding Issues
- Hire to Fire: Practical Pointers for Avoiding Legal Issues
4:15 - 5:00, Stanley Lubin
- Pre-Employment and Hiring Process - Creative Suggestions
- Handbooks and Policies - Pointers and Sample Language
- Communications - Key Words of Advice
- Tips for Detecting Problem Behavior and Taking Action
- Top Investigation Insights
- Documentation Best Practices
- Pointers on Evaluating, Disciplining and Terminating Problem Employees
- Must-Have Protocols to Protect Trade Secrets
- Legal Ethics: Best Practices
5:00 - 6:00, Stanley Lubin
- Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- Preserving Attorney-Client Privilege
- Attorney Fees
- Appropriate Client Communications
This program is designed for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.