Take Command of the Rules
Whether evidence gets admitted or excluded largely rests on your mastery of the rules. In this program, attorneys who know the rules inside and out will share their secrets and magic phrases for tackling evidence issues. From social media and text messages to experts and hearsay, gain advanced insights so you can better control what goes into and what stays out of evidence. Register today!
- Gain practical insights on timing and crafting motions in limine.
- Hear magic words and phrases for introducing exhibits into evidence.
- Learn how to authenticate new, innovative types of electronic evidence.
- Build up or tear down expert witness testimony.
- Discover effective ways to get around the rule against hearsay.
- Find out how other lawyers tackle some of the toughest evidence problems.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
- Creatively Using Motions in Limine
10:00 - 10:45, John J. Berry
- Magic Words and Phrases for Getting Exhibits Admitted Into Evidence
10:45 - 11:15, Stephen O. Willoughby
- Secrets to Authenticating Social Media, Text Messages and More
11:30 - 12:15, Justin T. Campagne
- From Smartwatches to Alexa Recordings: The New Wave of Electronic Evidence
12:15 - 12:45,
Justin T. Campagne
- Expert Witness Testimony and Reports: Tips From Top Trial Lawyers
1:15 - 2:00, Andrew C. Corkery
- Sophisticated Cross-Examination and Witness Impeachment Tactics
2:00 - 2:30, Rob McKinney
- Cleverly Applying Hearsay Objections and Exceptions
2:30 - 3:15, Andrew C. Corkery
- Privilege, Prior Statements and More: Tackling Thorny Evidence Problems
3:30 - 4:00,
Stephen O. Willoughby
- Legal Ethics
4:00 - 5:00, John J. Berry
- Candor and Fairness
- Ethics of Witness Preparation and Testimony
- Preserving Confidentiality
- Technology and Attorney Competence
This program is designed for attorneys.