Lighten Your Clients' Tax Burdens with the Latest Techniques and Approaches
Recent tax regulatory efforts have changed the way tax basis is used with trusts and LLCs. Old techniques can now do more harm than good. This focused legal course will give you the latest information and tools you'll need to give your clients prudent estate planning advice. Register today!
- Clarify step-up basis rules and resulting planning techniques.
- Effectively handle gifts of fractional interests.
- Find out how to maximize the step-up basis during and after the life of the grantor.
- Learn how to make the best use of the second step-up.
- Leverage powers of appointment to handle carryover basis.
2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern, Neal B. Jannol
- Federal Tax Rates and Exemptions
- Current Income and Capital Gains Tax
- Estate, Gift, GST Tax and Portability Update
- Step-Up Basis Rules: Inherited Assets and Gifted Assets
- Stepped-Up Tax Basis at Death
- Trusts that Maximize Step-Up in Basis
- Top Trust Structures
- Key Provisions
- Powers of Appointment: LPOA and Conversion to GPOA
- Curbed Use of Estate Freezes
- Post-Mortem Techniques
- Transfers of Highly Appreciated Assets Back into the Taxable Estate
- LLCs and the Step-Up in Basis: Gifts of Fractional Interests
3:45 - 5:15 PM Eastern, Roger J. McClure
- Modifying Existing Trusts to Take Advantage of the Tax Basis Rules
- Second Step-Up in Estates Under Federal Estate Tax Exemption
- Tax Reporting Rules and Requirements
This estate planning course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants and CPAs, tax planners, estate planners, trust officers, and paralegals.