Guidelines You Need to Know to Remain in Compliance
It's no secret that workplace social media use is a thorn in the side of employers. Do your current policies addressing social media protect you from liability? This fast-paced course will take you through the important issues you must address. From must-have handbook provisions to sticky termination issues, minimize expensive lawsuits surrounding social media issues - register today!
- Avoid lawsuits concerning social media and the workplace.
- Develop a plan to update policies regarding social media.
- Skillfully use social media to hire new employees.
- Review disciplinary procedures relevant to an employee's social media use.
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Michael J. Rose
- Using the Latest Employment Laws Related to Social Media to Your Client's Advantage
- Legal Rights, Social Media and the Workplace: How to Skillfully Avoid Lawsuits
- Strategies for Updating/Drafting Employee Handbooks and Policies: What Provisions MUST be Included Regarding Social Media
- Tips for Steering Clear of Employer Liability Surrounding Social Media
- Cleverly Using Social Media to Hire Employees
- Disciplining and/or Terminating Employees for Social Media Use: Do's and Don'ts
- Social Media in Litigation: Strategies (and Secrets) From the Experts
- What to Look for and How to Find it: Strategies
- Subpoenaing a Site for Relevant Records
- Admissibility Issues and Best Practices
- Latest Court Opinions and Case Law
- Using the Latest Case Law to Your Advantage
This essential program is for attorneys. HR professionals and paralegals may also benefit.