Learn how to implement an effective workplace investigation on sexual harassment and how to identify inappropriate conduct before it turns into a lawsuit.With the rising costs of litigation, the increased number of sexual harassment lawsuits being filed, and the difficulties companies face in litigating sexual harassment lawsuits, often times lawsuits are decided on evidence gathered in the investigation process. Without an effective workplace investigation, your company can be left defending a multimillion dollar lawsuit solely built on 'he saidshe said' evidence. In this topic, you will learn how to not only identify inappropriate conduct but also how to conduct and document a workplace investigation. We will give you tools which will allow you to train your managers to take proactive steps to reduce or eliminate sexual harassment in the workplace.
Significant Legal Risks of Sexual Harassment Lawsuits
• Potential Damages
• Litigation Trends in Sexual Harassment Cases
• Employer Liability
• Importance of Training Management and Supervisors
What Is Sexual Harassment?
• 3 Types of Sexual Harassment
• Examples of Sexual Harassment
• Importance of Having Clearly Defined Policies and Procedures
Conducting an Effective Sexual Harassment Investigation
• What Constitutes Notice of a Sexual Harassment Complaint?
• How to Recognize Potential Violations Without a Complaining Party
• Identifying the Proper Investigator
• Steps to Conducting an Effective Sexual Harassment Investigation, Including:
– Preparing for Interviews
– Conducting Interviews
– Maintaining Objectivity
– Preparing the Investigation Report
– Remedial Measures
– Communicating the Results of the Investigation
• Addressing Requests for Confidentiality
• Preventing Retaliation
Zachary J. Mueller with Jackson Lewis P.C. and Marla Presley with Jackson Lewis P.C.
ASA ,SHRM ,Additional credit may be available upon request.