Medical Insights, Determination Factors, File Processing and More
Pre-existing conditions/injuries can quickly complicate workers' comp claims. In this practical program, seasoned faculty will review the fundamentals of pre-existing injuries in workers' comp claims. You'll learn the definition of a pre-existing injury, how to tackle benefit issues, the distinction between an aggravation and a new, work-related injury, and so much more. Gain perspectives from both sides of the fence. Build your skills - register today!
- Gain medical insight, including evaluation, terminology and more.
- Learn how to investigate and determine if a pre-existing injury exists or not.
- Discover tips for tackling permanent disability benefit issues in pre-existing injury cases.
- Identify claim filing and processing issues specific to pre-existing injuries - and learn how to overcome them.
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Charles L. Consagra
- Pre-Existing Condition Definition
- Distinction Between an Aggravation of a Previous Work-Related Injury and a New Work-Related Injury Involving the Same Body Parts
- Determining if the Pre-Existing Injury is Covered Under Workers' Comp
- Workers' Comp Claim Filing/Processing Issues Specific to Pre-Existing Injuries
- Pre-Existing Conditions and Unrelated Conditions in Workers' Comp
- Medical Insights on Pre-Existing Conditions/Injuries in Workers' Comp Cases (Evaluation, Exact Terminology, Etc.)
- Permanent Disability Benefit Issues
- Workers' Comp Claim Denial for the Worsening of a Pre-Existing Condition
This program is created for attorneys. Human Resource professionals and paralegals will also benefit.