Gain a better understanding of the Medicare Secondary Payer compliance requirements.
Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) compliance is complex and everevolving. This topic will provide an update on current MSP compliance processes and will provide an easytodigest review of where MSP compliance stands today, tomorrow, and beyond. The content will provide listeners with an indepth look of where Section 111 Mandatory Insurer Reporting stands today, what the future may hold in consideration of the everchanging CMS voluntary review process, as related to both Workers Compensation Medicare SetAsides, Liability Medicare SetAsides and No Fault Medicare SetAsides, coupled with advancements in medicine and cost drivers that in consideration as a whole, may affect your ability to obtain resolution for your claims. Join our team as they provide a look at the current state of MSP compliance processes and current trends that may impact your claims.
Legal and Regulatory Authority for MSP Enforcement
Mandatory Insurer Reporting
• The MIR Landscape Today, and the Link to Conditional Payments
– Who's Who in Reporting and Recovery (RREs and Their Agents)
– How Reporting and Conditional Payment Recovery Work Hand in Hand
– Changes Under the New Commercial Repayment Center (CRC) Contractor
WWMSAs and LMSAs Today
• Where We Stand With the New CMS Review Contractor
• WCMSA Reference Guide/ Discussion of CMS' Internal Rules/Zero Dollar MSAs and Considerations
– IMR/UR/Alternative Treatment Plan
– Amended Review, Re-Review, and Challenges That Still Exist
• LMSA and No-Fault Settlements, and Why MSP Compliance Is Relevant to These Settlements
– Where We Stand Today With LMSA/NFMSA Review
– Possible Impact on Claims
– Matters to Consider as Related to Liability Settlements and Future Medical Expenses
Advancements in Medicine and Potential Cost-Drivers in Workers' Compensation Claims
• Surgical Advancements
• Technological Advancements
• Pharmaceutical Advancements
• Coming Soon to an MSA Near You
Jean S. Goldstein, J.D. with MEDVAL, Chandra R. Johnson, R.N., J.D. with MEDVAL, Jessica M. Wingenroth, J.D. with MEDVAL
AIPB ,ASA ,CLE (Please check the Detailed Credit Information page for states that have already been approved) ,CPE ,HR Certification Institute ,SHRM ,Additional credit may be available upon request.