Georgia Employment Law
presented by NBI, Inc.
Georgia Employment Law
Employment Law Fundamentals
Employer-employee relationships are infinitely varied and rife with potential conflict. This comprehensive employment law guide will walks through the legal essentials you need to speak with authority on employment issues. Explore both litigation and compliance aspects of the law to help you handle any questions likely to cross your path. Register today!
- Get the latest update on state and local employment laws and regs.
- Walk through FMLA, USERRA and other employee leave laws.
- Ensure all equal employment rules are obeyed.
- Review common discrimination, harassment and retaliation issues.
- Get FLSA and state wage and hour essentials on employee classifications and top claims.
- Clarify workplace safety and employee benefits rules and best practices.
- Find out how workplace investigations are used in employment litigation.
- The Employment Relationship: Employment at Will and Exceptions
9:00 - 10:00, Sarah Phaff
- State and Local Employment Laws Update
10:15 - 11:00, Sarah Phaff
- Key Leave, Accommodation and Disability Issues
- FMLA Leave Essentials
11:00 - 11:45, Beau Howard
- FMLA - What it Says
- Interactions with ADA and State Workers' Comp Laws
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims
12:45 - 1:30, Beau Howard
- Common Claims
- Burdens of Proof, Production and Persuasion
- Employer Documentation That Makes or Breaks Claims
- EEOC and State Agency Charges
- NLRB Rules and Decisions
1:30 - 2:15, Beau Howard
- Union Avoidance: What is Legal, What is Questionable
- Union Elections, Collective Bargaining, Labor Arbitrations
- NLRB and Non-Union Employers
- State and Local Wage and Hour Laws
2:30 - 3:30, Louisa Johnson and Renate M. Walker
- Ethical Issues in Employment Law
3:30 - 4:30, Louisa Johnson and Renate M. Walker
- Key Rules of Professional Conduct
- Privileged Communications
- Identifying and Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- ADA - From Accommodation to Discrimination
9:00 - 9:45, Mitchell A. Robinson
- Equal Employment Laws (Title VII, ADEA, GINA, EPA, PDA, and More)
9:45 - 10:45,
Mitchell A. Robinson
- OSHA and Workplace Safety: Section 11(c) Retaliation or Adverse Action Rule
11:00 - 12:00, Raymond Perez II
- Workplace Privacy (HIPAA, GINA, etc.)
1:00 - 1:45, Timothy M. Boughey
- FLSA Essentials
1:45 - 2:30, Timothy M. Boughey
- Employer vs. Employee
- Hours Worked
- Employee Classification
- Independent Contractors
- Salespeople and Commissioned Employees
- A Step-by-Step Guide Through the Civil Complaint Process
- Key Discovery and Evidence Issues in Employment Litigation
2:45 - 3:45, Charles M. Dalziel
- Discoverability of Workplace Investigation Reports
- Job Description
- Employee Handbook
- Emails, Voicemails, Texts
- Employment Records
- Co-Worker Testimony
- ERISA Employee Benefits Basics
3:45 - 4:30,
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar offers employment law essentials that will benefit: