Formation Strategies, Drafting Techniques, Tax Tactics and More
Do you know how to structure LLCs to protect assets in the context of real estate investment? Are you ready to draft the operating agreement? Can you talk tax? Get the latest guidance on forming and using LLCs for all things real estate: buying and flipping, holding or renting. Learn practical strategies for structuring entities, leveraging series LLCs, drafting real estate operating agreements, maximizing tax benefits and protecting assets. If you serve real estate clients or are interested in protecting your own investments, it's one course you won't want to miss - register today!
- Learn how to structure LLCs and series LLCs to separate liabilities and protect assets.
- Get practical advice for drafting operating agreements in the context of real estate investment.
- Explore critical tax strategies: incorporating IRAs, using 1031s, maximizing deductions and more.
- Learn best practices for ongoing asset protection and operations.
10:00 am - 1:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Nathan G. Osborn
10:00 - 11:30
- Understanding the Business - Top Questions to Ask the Client
- Picking an Entity Structure that Fits the RE Activity
- Entity Structure Case Studies:
- What's the Goal?
- When to Keep it Simple
- Case Study: Holding & Property LLCs - Pros, Cons & Usage
- Case Study: Incorporating Series LLC - Pros, Cons & Usage
- Where Should I Incorporate? LLC & Series LLC
- Preliminary Concerns: SMLLCs & Management Structure
- Drafting Real Estate LLC Operating Agreements
- Overview & Sample Agreement Walkthrough
- Notable Differences in the Basic Provisions
- Capital Call Provisions
- Distribution Methods & Provisions
- Exit & Transfer Strategies
- Series LLC Creation
- A Word on Property LLC Operating Agreements
- Best Practices, Forms & Resources
Break 11:30 - 11:45
11:45 - 1:15
- Maximizing Tax Benefits
- Best Case vs. Worst Case Scenarios
- Incorporating IRAs
- Holding Strategies & Double FICA Taxes
- Getting the 20% QBI Deduction
- Real Estate Business Deductions
- Making the Most out of 1031s
- Depreciation Essentials
- Other Tax Tips You Should Know
- Best Practices for Ongoing Asset Protection & Operations
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants may also benefit.