As a manager, the measure of your success is not based on how well you can do the job, it is defined by how motivated, focused, skilled and successful your entire team is. This challenge introduces a wild card into the equation that many managers have never had to deal with before: the people factor. Somehow, you have to become adept at taking a diverse group of people with differing needs, skills, opinions and experience levels, and inspire and equip them to go out and do for you what you used to do on your own. This course will help you do just that.
This workshop enables supervisors and managers to practice and develop skills in communication, conflict management, motivation, delegation and evaluation. These five concepts are developed on a foundation of managers knowing and understanding the employees who work for them. By identifying the behavioral styles of employees, managers can more effectively communicate with, motivate, delegate, manage and evaluate employees.
Both new and experienced managers will benefit from the principles and skills presented in this hands-on workshop. This workshop translates important management and behavioral concepts into practical management steps for improving productivity and job satisfaction for both the manager and the entire team.
Participants will learn to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the goals and tools of effective management.
- Learn the characteristics of the four behavioral styles so you can understand the needs of your employees and know how to work with and bring out the best in each one.
- Learn how to practice effective communication skills when training, managing and coaching employees.
- Develop strategies for motivating employees to be more engaged and productive.
- Learn proven delegation strategies that will open up more blocks of time for you, improve the efficiency of your department and enhance the skills of the entire work group.
- Receive and practice skills in planning and goal setting to enhance employee performance.
- Learn how to implement an effective 360 evaluation process to improve employee performance and keep lines of communication open.
- Learn a proven set of skills to address conflict in the workplace and implement effective solutions.
Exceptional Management Skills Feedback:
"The instructor of this workshop possess both the experience-based and academic knowledge of the subject. Beyond the ability to present the information related to management, the instructor of this seminar series is uniquely able to lead the sessions and create a team-based learning environment where we accepted the bulk of the responsibility to learn through the process of discovery and application of the principles through practice and discussion."
Sr. Vice President Sales
700 Louisiana 5th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002
"This class was the best professional training I've had in years! The instructor was truly excellent. Her casual, personable style made learning and interfacing with classmates easy. The class was lively with lots of participation. We seldom got off track. When we did, she skillfully guided the focus back to the concept being taught. Movement from one concept to another seemed naturally connected."
Production Support Manager
Atlas Air, Inc.
Purchase NY 10577
|Class Size:||8-20 (Please note that we can increase the class size for private seminars)|
|Time:||8:30 AM - 5:00 PM|