The number one priority in every organization is communication effectiveness.
Learning the strategies for performing positively, assertively and powerfully
will enhance your career and personal success.
- To demonstrate concepts and approaches that will enhance interpersonal
- To identify barriers to communication and learn the techniques to remove
or minimize them.
- To analyze non-verbal communication and use it as a motivator.
- To increase listening effectiveness.
- To learn the skills essential to getting your ideas, plans and feelings
across with confidence and conviction
- To practice assertive communication.
- To overcome any reluctance to deal with difficult situations
To improve interpersonal relationships, job satisfaction and task
The Communication Process
-Modes of communicating
-The impact of non-verbal communication
-Controlling feelings and emotions
-Examining their consequences
-Developing ways to overcome barriers
-Removing personal biases
-Listening to body language
-The benefit of two-way communications
-Knowing how to ask
Organizing to persuade and influence
Using assertive language
Handling Difficult Situations
-Making unpopular requests
-Responding to unreasonable demands
-Saying no, without guilt
-Dealing with criticism
-Collaborating in conflict situations
-Recognizing when to confront & when to ignore
• Instructor presentation
• Group exercises
• Full-group discussion
• Simulated experience
Value Added Option:
Participants at each training workshop are encouraged to send an email within
three months following the workshop and expect a personal reply to assist with
their learning experience.
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Madison Centre, 4950 Yonge Street, Toronto
Fee: $399.00 (5% discount for groups of 3 or more)