People judge you by how you communicate. Learn the secrets to coming
across as positive, credible, friendly, and professional ... and watch your
It’s a fact: The ability to communicate effectively can make or break your
career. Don’t believe it? Consider this staggering statistic from a survey of
U.S. businesses: "Inability to communicate" and "poor communication skills"
were listed as the top reasons for employees not succeeding on the job.
That probably comes as no surprise to you, because as a professional today
you’ve seen time and again how people who have first-rate communication skills
go farther faster in their organizations than those who don’t. But contrary to
popular belief, the ability to communicate with finesse and diplomacy isn’t a
gift that some are born with and the rest of us lack. It’s a skill that can be
learned and mastered, just like any other skill.
This training offers the easiest, most effective way to build essential
In today’s highly competitive business environment, effective, diplomatic
communication is a skill that must be mastered if you intend to get ahead and
stay there. How to Communicate With Tact, Professionalism, and Diplomacy
is a powerful workshop that combines all facets of on-the-job interpersonal
communication — from speaking to writing to listening to presenting — and
shows you step-by-step how to master them.
This intensive day of communication training boils down tons of information
into "the most important of the most important" so you learn the powerful
techniques, tools, and strategies that will make the most significant impact on
For example, you’ll learn ...
- Expert techniques for exerting influence on the actions and attitudes of
- How-to’s for communicating diplomatically in a variety of tough
- Strategies for opening the lines of communication to end energy-draining
feuding and infighting in your department
- Presentation skills that will make you a standout in meetings
- How to make sure your e-mails and reports get better results
Stop learning the hard way through trial and error!
The truth is that most of us haven’t had the opportunity to learn the
essential communication skills taught in this comprehensive workshop. Instead,
we stumble along doing the best we can and sooner or later, we open mouth,
You’ve been there, right? Whether you spoke too soon and said something you
didn’t mean to, communicated bad news in a way that caused morale to plummet,
or found yourself blindsided by a question in a meeting, you’ve undoubtedly
been in situations where you said the wrong thing and regretted it later.
We all have. And it’s only because you didn’t have the communication
skills you needed to handle the situation more diplomatically. As a result, your
work relationships may have suffered in the past, coworkers may have formed
grudges against you, and your projects missed deadlines because your people
couldn’t get along.
Become a highly respected, highly influential, highly successful
Attend this intensive communication workshop and you can say good-bye to
misunderstandings and miscommunication once and for all! Imagine how great it
will feel — and how your career will benefit — when you suddenly have the
ability to get your point across powerfully but diplomatically, when you’re
understood every time you speak, when you’re respected by colleagues for your
Whether you’re a manager, supervisor, sales rep, attorney, technician, or
HR professional, the degree of career success you enjoy is virtually dictated by
your skills in communicating with others on the job. How to Communicate
With Tact, Professionalism, and Diplomacy is guaranteed to help you
communicate more powerfully, more diplomatically, and more effectively with
What You'll Learn
- Say good-bye to misunderstandings and miscommunications that have
crippled past working relationships.
- Diplomatically handle tough situations and difficult people by knowing
exactly "what to say when."
- Shine in meetings by presenting your ideas powerfully and confidently.
- Deal effectively — and quickly — with those who challenge or put you
down in front of others.
- Never again find yourself wishing you could take back a statement that
just flew out of your mouth.
- Convey the exact message you intend to communicate through e-mail, voice
mail, and fax.
- Stop the resend, redo, and rework cycle with practical how-to’s that
- Establish immediate rapport with coworkers, clients, or other
professionals you meet.
- Avoid words and phrases that rob your message of its credibility and
brand you as a "lightweight."
- Deliver bad news, "nos," and "sorrys" with tact.
- Give criticism in a way that promotes positive behavior change instead
of creating resentment or anger.
- Smooth over hard feelings and prevent grudges from being