Avoid the Top COVID-19 Legal Landmines
The coronavirus pandemic rocked the workplace in 2020, flooding employers everywhere with lawsuits left and right. This informative program delves into strategies for mitigating COVID-19 litigation risks. Determine which states have seen the most claims due to the pandemic, examine guidelines for drafting a coronavirus workplace safety plan and investigate the do's and don'ts of informing employees of workforce reductions. Evade pitfalls and help employers overcome key challenges - register today!
- Review the latest coronavirus updates, guidelines and regulations.
- Discover recent trends in COVID-19 litigation.
- Develop strategies for mitigating legal risks in the workplace.
- Uncover best practices for updating workplace policies, conducting health screenings and more.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Reviewing the Latest Laws, Guidelines and Updates
11:00 - 11:30, Douglas W. Desmarais
- COVID-19 Claims - The Latest Developments
11:30 - 12:30, Douglas W. Desmarais
- States Seeing the Most Workplace Lawsuits
- Litigation Roundup: Top Employment Claims Being Filed Right Now
- Unsafe Working Conditions or Lack of PPE
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Employee Leave
- Workers' Compensation
- Remote Work
- Strategies for Mitigating Workplace Litigation Risks
12:45 - 2:15, Louis R. Cohan
- Staying on Top of Legal Developments: Why It Matters
- Workplace Policies: Updates You Need to Make
- Wage and Hour
- Return-to-Work Policies Addressing Social Distancing, Masks, Health Screenings, etc.
- Mitigating Discrimination Risks
- Navigating Leave Complexities
- Reducing Risks in Remote Work Arrangements
- General Rules on Conducting COVID-19 Screenings
- Creating a Coronavirus Safety Plan for the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know
- Documentation: Ensuring Legal Best Practices
- Notifying Employees of Wage Changes or Workforce Reductions: Do's and Don'ts
This program is designed for attorneys. HR professionals, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.