Communication can make or break your career!
Believe it or not, you’re making a ton of communication mistakes right now.
You can’t afford to stay stuck in a rut, making the same communication mistakes
over and over again. And that’s exactly why you can’t miss Breaking
Bad Communication Habits.
This one-day course is jam-packed with the strategies you need to identify
and eliminate ingrained bad habits and start communicating more effectively
Has confusion or a lack of clarity ever put you in a bind? Stop these
problems before they start. Have you ever found yourself having to go back again
and again to clarify instructions? Or found that despite your best efforts
people just don’t seem to understand what you’re driving at? You’re not alone.
That’s why we developed Breaking Bad Communication Habits.
You’ll learn to avoid common blunders like:
- Using negative or passive language
- The pitfalls of vague or unclear language
- Passive-aggression and other problems with tone
- And much, much more!
You Can’t Afford Not to Attend This Seminar!
It’s a fact: Your bad communication habits are causing unnecessary stress and
confusion in your life. Even if you consider yourself a good communicator,
you’re probably committing some cardinal sins without even realizing it. And
that’s why you need Breaking Bad Communication Habits.
Sign up for this course right now – you can’t afford not to!
The Basics of Good Communication
- What is good communication? Why is it important?
- What makes a good communicator – shared traits among successful
- Presenting a professional image in all your communications
- The importance of two-way dialogue and feedback
- Projecting confidence and assertiveness in all of your communications
Communication Mistakes Everyone Makes and How to Avoid Them
- The difference between just sending your message and communicating
- Credibility killers and how to avoid them
- Getting past the need to be right and avoiding passive-aggressiveness
- Neglecting common courtesy: how “please” and “thank you” can make a
world of difference
- Chronic negativity and how to overcome it
Listening: An Often Overlooked Aspect of Communication
- Why you’re an inefficient listener – you’re not hearing as much as you
think you are
- Active listening techniques to ensure you’re hearing what is actually
- Questions: what to ask to clarify an unclear message
- How to avoid spacing out when discussing uninteresting topics
- Identifying supporting elements and anticipating points and objections:
real strategies to make you a better listener
Communication Clarity Killers
- Vague or unclear language – simple errors that can lead to huge
- The dangers of using negative or passive language
- Failing to take your intended recipient’s perspective and point of view
into consideration – a surefire recipe for misunderstanding
- Beating around the bush – strategies to help you deliver negative or
unpopular messages with clarity
Email Communication: Sending the Right Message
- The secrets of successful email communication
- Tone in email messages – how to make sure you’re not being
- Subject lines are headlines: writing effective headers to grab and
inform the reader
- Specifying the desired response: providing clarity to avoid questions
- Formatting your email so that important points stand out
- Body language and its impact on your message
- Five common nonverbal mistakes everyone makes
- Keeping your emotions in check, even when you’re close to losing control
- Eye contact, posture, and other vital but often overlooked nonverbal
- Why signals are often misread and how to avoid misinterpretation