This OnDemand Webinar will address current educational, social and communication challenges for children with auditory processing disorders. It will clarify how auditory processing can impact education and communication. Case studies and recent preliminary research will provide information about remediation that has been found to be helpful in working with children with auditory processing disorders.
•You will be able to define CAPD.
•You will be able to describe the different areas of auditory processing.
•You will be able to review research findings.
Central Auditory Processing
• Definition of CAPD
– Speech Language Pathologist
• Signs and Symptoms
• Academic Challenges
• What Are We Looking For? Audiology and Speech Language Pathologist Perspective
• What Is a Left Ear Weakness?
• Different Areas of Auditory Processing
• “Home” Therapies
• Speech Therapy
• Differential Processing Training Program
• Lindamood Bell-Program (LiPS)
• Hearbuilder - Still in the Data Collection Process
Heather Ferguson, Andrews University
Darah Regal, AuD, CCC-A, Andrews University