Clear-Cut Techniques, Case Scenarios, Sample Forms and MUCH More!
Are you ready to handle these complex cases? This practical uninsured and underinsured motorist litigation online seminar will clarify the in's and out's of these thorny cases - AND walk you through important information you should look for along the way. Seasoned attorney faculty will review UM/UIM coverage and highlight the steps you must take when dealing with either an uninsured or underinsured case. Filled with doctor deposition strategies, damage and limit calculations, medical record discovery and settlement strategies unique to UM/UIM cases; this course will help you face these complicated suits with confidence - register today!
- Get up to speed on state-specific UM/UIM statutes, trends and court rulings.
- Gain knowledge on interpreting exclusions in the policy.
- Explore ways to calculate limits and damages in underinsured motorist cases.
- Learn tips for negotiating with insurance companies.
- Examine real-world case scenarios of both uninsured and underinsured motorist cases.
- Get concrete medical record and medical expert skills specific to UM/UIM cases.
- Review sample letters, forms and documents relative to both uninsured and underinsured cases.
- Explore bad faith considerations in UM/UIM cases.
All times are shown in Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Time
- Arizona UM/UIM Insurance Law Fundamentals
9:00 - 9:45, Joel DeCiancio
- Legislative Update
- Statute of Limitations
- Court Filing Procedures and Deadlines
- Choice of Law and Venue
- Clarifying UM/UIM Coverage - Carrier Obligations Made Simple
9:45 - 10:30, David M. Bell
- Insurance Coverage Obligations
- Who's Covered? Defining "Family Member"
- Interpreting Exclusions in the Policy
- Policy Arbitration Requirements
- Lawsuit Threshold
- Finding Sources and Limits of Coverage
- Hit and Run Coverage
- Waiving Coverage
- "Arising out of Ownership, Maintenance or Use"?
- Is the Motorist Underinsured? Easy Ways to Calculate Limits and Damages
10:45 - 12:00, Steve J. Hulsman
- State Case Law
- Calculating Liability Limits
- Proof, Quantification and Calculation of Damages/Injuries
- How Much the Policy Covers
- Loss of Earning Capacity and Future Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering Damages
- Medical Bills
- Offsets and Reimbursements
- Stacking Made Simple
- Medical Discovery Basics for UM/UIM Cases
1:00 - 2:00, Robert W. Boatman
- Review of Medical Bills and Records
- Physical Examination of the Injured Person
- Doctor Deposition - Plaintiff and Defense Strategies
- UNDERinsured and UNinsured Motorist Case Mechanics - Real Life Case Scenarios
2:00 - 2:30, Evan S. Goldstein
- UM/UIM Arbitration and Settlement Strategies
2:45 - 3:30, Evan S. Goldstein and David S. Shughart III
- Mandatory Arbitration Clauses in Policies
- The Timing and Form of Demand
- Waiver of Arbitration
- Issues Subject to Arbitration
- Overturning and Modifying Arbitration Award
- Filing Award as Judgment
- Arbitration Procedures
- Ethics in UM/UIM Cases
3:30 - 4:30, David M. Bell
- Conflicts of Interest
- Bad Faith Considerations
- Valuing the Claim
- Informed Consent